Cullable: M27 Release!
We’ve been working hard on implementing your user feedback and we’ve discovered a multitude of enhancements to Cullable’s processing and OCR engines through deep understanding of anomalies presented to the platform over time. We’ve completely rebuilt the Cullable API, providing new integration opportunities for our partners, which also required a complete overhaul of the user interface. The feedback from the alpha forum has been unbelievably positive and we think you’ll agree. We’re launching the best Cullable ever. It’s faster, more responsive, it handles even more PDF anomalies like mirrored images (wtf right? who does that? 🙂), a heap of new languages are automatically detected and we’re automatically flattening and rotating images that require it through some new experimental, yet solid improvements to Cullable’s interrogation and document handling algorithms.
Additionally, a command line agent is in alpha that allows users to upload gigantic datasets directly into the heart of Cullable through the API, ultimately bypassing the web interface which really only serves smaller transactional uploads well. Eventually the agent will be rolled out as an optional, completely free download that will completely handle file transfer in and out of Cullable while providing JSON/API documentation for developers to utilize when building their own integrations.
Speaking of integrations, we’re hard at work with iConect to bring the power of Cullable to the critically acclaimed v10 release of Xera, which in the near future should bring a seamless integration from the application’s native UI, available to all Xera ASPs on demand as an alternative to DFP, Xera’s native processing application for smaller projects. More to come on that front as we move closer to the making the integration a reality.
Here’s a short list of some of the improvements available in Cullable’s M27 Release.
- ESI Workflows Available to Beta Subscribers: This is a big one that everyone’s been waiting for. Our unique ESI workflow is now available for testing. Cullable eliminates the waste and overlap with other ESI processing solutions, focusing on making unstructured data truly Cullable in downstream ECA and review workflows. Cullable does not image and for the time being (hint hint), Cullable doesn’t actually ‘CULL’. Our testing produces less errors, more text, better metadata extraction and an extraordinarily simplified workflow that anyone can execute. It’s likely the most streamlined and performant ESI processing methodology available anywhere, and it’s ready for your feedback.
- Completely Rebuilt Public API. (Pre-Release) Integrators – Start your engines! API documentation is available at our Swagger repository. While still in pre-release, we invite integrators to collaborate and start discussing OCR, PDF and ESI use cases today.
- Completely Redesigned UI/X. Cullable is more fluid, even easier to use and we’re now caching exports so they can be downloaded independently. Need one version of images with branding, and one without? Need to export documents in two different filename schemas? No problem! We’re still using Angular for our UI elements, but we’re using a much newer version and while the rebuild was a serious labor, we think you’ll agree that it was totally worth it! It’s sharp, super responsive to mobile real estate and actually fun to use.
- New User Profile Page: Update your credentials, credit card or payment method, view your current usage and view all of your previous transactions in one clean, simple interface.
- More Transparency: Cullable now sports a new series of features in the toolbar designed to give you quick feedback on what’s going on under the hood. Navigate between the Dashboard, Logs, Jobs and even your workspace / project settings with a simple click. Swing back and forth between these interfaces on demand with no affect on performance or workflow.
- Branded Workspace Pages: Provides information about your project from the workspace dashboard. Really useful when you’re running multiple jobs in Cullable at the same time. 🙂
- New webUI uploader: The new uploader is fantastic, there’s alot going on under the hood here, but in short, we’re moving 5x the files we were previously moving at one time, further reducing the time it takes to get data into the platform.
- In Alpha – The Agent: We’ve started work on the long awaited file transfer agent and we’ve got big plans for it in the future. Today, the optional agent application serves as a resumable uploader/downloader for content of just about any size, effectively replacing the webUI uploader for larger projects. Additionally, the agent will provide code snippets for those who are interested in integrating with Cullable directly. Today, the agent is available as a command line, but a full skinned UI will be made available to everyone in the coming sprints. Our goal is to add optional right click functionality so users can quickly select directories or entire hierarchies to be injected securely into Cullable and define workflows and delivery options of completed projects without ever having to actually login to the webUI. Imagine right clicking on a folder with 100,000 non-searchable PDFs and having extremely accurate document based text files land in a companion directory within minutes without ever having to leave your desktop. The agent is going to be rad. We’re very excited for its development.
- New PDF Imaging Options: Sometimes called automagically, optionally requested manually, for multi mode postscript / vector / image PDF files, typical OCR engines completely fail. What’s worse, they can often OCR portions of the document and fail to even report an error. Cullable will notify the user through log warnings (distinct and very different from errors) when a document with these characteristics is encountered. Furthermore, Cullable will identify which page was suspect and what we did to resolve the problem, usually resulting in automated imaging of the page to complete the OCR process. In addition, Cullable notifies you when we detect blank pages which is just another exclusive to the platform. From what we’ve learned, we’re the only OCR engine in the world that offers this intelligence. Other OCR engines just fail and kick an error without ever telling you why. In many industries, such as legal – great benefit may be realized by tagging images with no text for independent identification before responsiveness, production or privilege decisions are made.
- New Default, but Customizable Billing Model: The default billing model for workflows has been updated. In OCR flows, each operation is still $0.005 (one half cent per operation). An operation could be OCR, PDF Conversion or Endorsement. For example, a single tif, jpg, png, or gif image would cost one half cent. A single page PDF would be a PDF conversion and OCR charge, or one cent per page. If you endorsed that PDF, it would be one and a half cents per page.In ESI Flows, we’re still charging $20.00 per gigabyte, but billing by the megabyte. So a single megabyte of ESI data would cost $0.02. We calculate a gigabyte at 1000MB, so one thousand gigabytes of data processed would cost $20.00. Credit card workspaces are billed every thirty days, relative to the signup date. Invoiceable workspaces are coming soon!
We believe extraordinary value is presented with Cullable’s OCR engine and therefore the cost for OCR processing is not included with ESI. Discounted pricing models are always available with volume commitments.