Three Xera Features that change the game in eDiscovery Review.
At Platinum, we’ve been hosting top tier review environments like Relativity or Xera by iConect for over a decade. Like all Litigation Support companies today, we support alot of different solutions. However, if you ask anyone at Platinum what they prefer? The answer will always be Xera.
If you ask an Xera user what they prefer? 9 times out of 10 it’ll be Xera as well. Why? You could start with an actual HTML5 framework that really works in all browsers. A powerful production tool that makes exporting documents from the system easy for anyone.
You could also mention the finest analytic and predictive coding implementation in the industry, hands down. On top of that, there are loads of well thought out, simplified workflows and tools that truly fill every gap our users ever need.
Finally, Xera makes it easy for us to create automations and enhancements that reduce our labor, reducing our cost and decreasing time to deliver for our users.
We’d like to take a few moments to discuss three Xera features that no reviewer should ever be without. Interested in learning more? We’d love to do a demo, or offer a no cost pilot with Xera for your team. You might be surprised at how far it’s come. Additionally, you can head over to our videos page and check out our top training topics to see it in action for yourself.
The Benefit of Faceting:
Intuitive for all users, iCONECT-XERA allows you to efficiently refine and filter search criteria with a single click in order to quickly narrow to a relevant document set. Any metadata field can be aggregated and tallied to show unique options in the document scope with a single click. With Facets, traditional search is bypassed and responsive document scope is brought to focus faster than ever before. Faceting doesn’t replace search, but it’s a brilliant step to get the responsive scope where search can be overly complex.
- Data is always current and actionable, even as more documents are loaded.
- Find Authors, Custodians, Document Types and more, quickly with no complex queries.
- Easy to discover date trends and areas of higher than normal activity.
- Learn more, faster with no searching or reporting.
The Benefits of in-line Document Comparison:
Document Compare gives reviewers the ability to quickly pinpoint and identify differences in near duplicate and other similar documents, enabling reviewers to gain a better understanding of document content and variations, reducing the time required to make informed coding decisions. It’s easy and kind of fun 🙂
- Target any set of documents in XERA to visually compare differences.
- Leverage Document Compare by choosing a set of similar documents to gain visual insight into what has been changed.
- Prioritize document group differences, sorting by significance.
- Zero in on near-duplicate differences using the Compare tab.
- Compare native files and metadata side-by-side to strengthen coding decisions and investigations.
- Clearly sort differences based on the strength of their similarity.
- Visually review and navigate through document differences with color-coded highlights.
- Easily bulk-code similar documents.
- Select a view of your choice – a native or text view is available – to compare documents. Document Compare not only compares body text, but also metadata, giving you the ability to easily determine the differences in key metadata fields.
- Collaborate in real-time with project members by posting comments to a whole document or text within a document.
- Easily code all similar documents with the same review designation with one click.
What’s Xmplar and Understanding the Benefits:
Xera’s advanced analytics functionality features a new tool called Xmplar, bringing the ability to create a customized “perfect document” to act as a model or “exemplar,” providing users with more control over conceptual search, resulting in fewer false positives and more specific search results.
With Advanced Analytics or Machine Learning (ML), you’ve typically got to ‘train’ the ML engine to create a quality ‘seed’ which is used to find other documents with similar content. Training the seed can take a few iterations and therefore, takes a little bit of time to get dialed in.
Not with Xmplar. With Xmplar you can free type, or select specific content in any number of qualified documents to create the ultimate perfect seed in which to compare other records, returning all of the benefits of a trained, quality seed without the work traditionally involved. This is a game changer and a great way to experience the power of Machine Learning without the hassle.
- Experience the power of ML without training a quality seed through multiple iterations.
- Build a perfect ‘Exemplar’ document in minutes based on document content or freehand typing.
- Share Xmplars with other users so they can benefit from your ‘perfect document’, or clone it, alter it and even use search results as a stacked query against other inclusive or exclusive search criteria.
Seriously. Check out the video. It’s awesome. 🙂